Re: Boot hang on Jornada 690

On Wed, 26 Feb 2020 at 01:13, Björn Johannesson <rherdware%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I was going to upgrade my Jornada 690 to 9.0 (from 8) but some breakage seem to have occurred.
> hpcboot loads and boots the kernal as normal and everything seems fine until the kernel mounts the root fs.
>
> root on wd0a dumps on wd0b
> wd0a: error reading fsbn 128 of 128-143 (wd0 bn 102944; cn 50 tn 17 sn 0), xfer f5c, retry 0
> wd0: (aborted command)
>
> And there it hangs. The only way out is pressig the RESET button. I would assume it's NetBSD and not the
> hardware since 8 works.
> Anyone still have their machine that can confirm/deny?

I only have an arm based 728 (which is buried somewhere currently
beyond reach, so I can't even test), but as a quick data point do the
attach messages for the wd, atabus and related devices differ between
-8 and -9? Its possible that DMA is/is not being enabled between the
two versions.

Also would you be able to test a HEAD kernel (from
http://nyftp.netbsd.org/) booting?

Thanks

David