Re: Booting Jornada 690 and ne0

On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 11:34:33 +0100, Stephen Borrill wrote:

> I've been reading the thread beginning with:
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-hpcsh/2006/08/12/0000.html
>
> I have the same boot problems with my 690 (UK model), i.e. without a
> serial console I get Exception Event Code = 40 and a reset. As a data
> point, I tried hpcboot build 13 referred to in:
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-hpcsh/2006/08/14/0000.html
> It didn't work for me either.
[...]
> I've tried 3.1_RC1 and 4.99.1 kernels.

So, does 3.1_RC1 exhibits this behaviour?  I will try to find time to
take a look.  Unfortunately, I've been very busy with work recenlty. :(

I've sent Adam a freshly compiled hpcboot and it worked for him.

> I found my old Dayna PCMCIA network card, but when I insert it hangs after
> the first ne0 line:
> hd64461pcmcia0 at hd64461if0
> pcmcia0 at hd64461pcmcia0
> ne0 at pcmcia0 function 0: <Dayna Communications, Inc., CommuniCard E, >

Do you have an NetBSD/i386 machine with pcmcia to check if it works
there (booting a livecd on an i386 laptop should be enough)?

Does the kernel really hangs?  Can you break into DDB?

SY, Uwe
--
uwe%ptc.spbu.ru@localhost                         |       Zu Grunde kommen
http://snark.ptc.spbu.ru/~uwe/          |       Ist zu Grunde gehen