Re: One keyboard problem solved, one new one

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

(Better late than never... ;)

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 21:41:42 -0400, Michael Wileman wrote:

Now I have a new problem. Running X with fvwm2 window manager (as a
non-root user), if I quit using the Quit in the fvwm menu, the server
shuts down but again the keyboard doesn't respond. This worked with my
previous setup, so I am not sure what changed.

A workaround is to arrange for the server to start with either
-terminate or -noreset flag to avoid the race.  E.g.

   $ startx -- -terminate

Thanks, Uwe. I confirm this solves the problem.

Is there a way I can put that -terminate option into a config file somewhere, so that I can still use the standard startx without typing in the rest and without aliasing it to a command I'm going to forget about later?

Mike