Re: hpcsh sound?

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 12:55:28 -0500, Michael Wileman wrote:

> Has anyone managed to get sound to work on a Jornada?  Is this in
> the kernel, or abandoned?
>
> I'm not dreaming of playing mp3's, just to have a system beep when
> new mail arrives.

I played with the audio driver that would use DMAC (so that DMAC feeds
the DAC using internal CMT timer), but I cannot make it work, the
machine would just wedge almost instantly.  My standalone DMAC test
driver would wedge the machine sometimes doing memory to memory copies
under certain conditions.  I did everything by the book, may be I just
miss something about how it's supposed to operate.

BTW, WinCE doesn't use DMAC to drive DAC either.

An audio driver that would just incur 8K interrups per second can be
written, but I never was that interested in it.

SY, Uwe
--
uwe%ptc.spbu.ru@localhost                         |       Zu Grunde kommen
http://snark.ptc.spbu.ru/~uwe/          |       Ist zu Grunde gehen