Re: Pkgsrc crosscompile

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, bill gacie wrote:

Is there anyone who tired crosscompiling pkgsrc on i386 or maybe anyone interested in making such mechanism for hpcsh, or maybe I missed something ?

Or maybe at least someone with a space on a good stable ftp server could collect packages made by us in a one "semi offical place" ?

Read back a few days on the list (archives online). Torsten has several useful packages precompiled.

For cross-building, google on "Cross-building packages" by Krister Walfridsson. He is working on a technique using emulation, but so far only for the ARM port. He'll certainly get there, but in the end memory limitations limit what you can actually run on the Jornada, so try out what you have already before taking the trouble to try to build a bunch of new packages. Particularly in X, I only have enough memory left on my 680 to keep a single xterm open, with no history stored. Try much more, and the system locks up hard.

Mike