Re: Jornada 680 keyboard mapping

On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 16:25:39 -0400, Michael Wileman wrote:

> > What's the version of hpcboot that you are using?
>
> I finally realized that my keyboard matches the "hungarian" setting in
> hpcboot.

I don't know where that "Hungarian" came from originally, but I
recycled it for European.  I didn't have ability to recompile hpcboot
at the time, so one had to use "Hungarian".

> I am using the version of hpcboot from the current distribution.

You mean from 2.x?  Current names it "European" already.

> When I run it I get an error "no symbol and/or string table in
> binary (not fatal)", but Nikos' kernel boots OK for me nonetheless.

Just ignore it.  It's harmless.

> OK, I just realized that Nikos version (which contains European
> instead of Hungarian) also works when I select European.

It was effectively just a string change in the interface, really.

> Is there a way to find out a version number in hpcboot?

Do you have the task bar set to autohide?  The version number is
written in the icon "button" in the task bar :).

> Actually, I have not need for those "international" characters. I
> might try to remap alt-gr as alt, since I cannot use it anyway.

keycode 184 = Alt_R KS_Multi_key

SY, Uwe
--
uwe%ptc.spbu.ru@localhost                         |       Zu Grunde kommen