Re: Jornada 680 asks for "root device"

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005, Stefan Schumacher wrote:

Also sprach Michael Wileman (jwileman%panix.com@localhost)

When I boot using hpcboot, the booting process starts, until I get

wskbd2 at hpckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
boot device: <unknown>
root device:

It doesn't seem to find my wd0a root setup. If I try typing in wd0a OR
wd0 or wd1a or anything else, it just responds with

use one of: ddb halt reboot
root device:

I had assumed the kernel binary would automatically look for wd0. Can
someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Do I have to recompile the
kernel to recognize my CF card. Did anyone else here have this problem
trying to install 2.0 on a Jornada?

Did you define the root device in hpcboot.exe, before starting the
booting of NetBSD?

Yes, I checked the "wd" box. "miniroot.fs" is grayed out in the text field below that, but I presume that only applies to the "md" option, as it is only when checking that one that the text can be modified.

Mike