Re: Xhpc, xmodmap and Xresources

Thanks for the reply.

Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

> Do you have LC_CTYPE set to locale that has those chars
> (8859-1, or 8859-15 for Euro)?  Xterm is picky about that
> (e.g. xterm will refuse to input cyrillic if xterm's
> locale is not one that supports cyrillic).

I didn't, but even when I do, I don't get anything sensible back. "sterling"
seems to produce a carriage return (actually \xa3 in vi), and nothing from
EuroSign.

> Just in case, what does xrdb -query show?  Are you sure
> you are setting the right resources?

I'm pretty sure that this is what I want:

  $ xrdb -query
  XTerm.foreground:    black

I've also tried "XTerm.Foreground", but still no success.

With the following in my .Xresources:

  XTerm.Background:    black
  XTerm.background:    black
  XTerm.Foreground:    white
  XTerm.foreground:    white

cpp(1) crashes ("internal error"). Eek.

I guess I'll have to stick with -fg/-bg for now.