Re: CVS commit: src/sys/arch/hpc/stand/binary

On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 03:58:07 +0900, UCHIYAMA Yasushi wrote:

>  | > load_elf.cpp bug is fatal..
>  | Do we already hit the limit of 16?  I've just compiled a new kernel
>  | (for the first time since late April) and my 680 fails to boot.
>
> my target is 2.0F,
>  hpcarm  : 16
>  hpcmips : 18
>  hpcsh   : 14
> hpcmips kernel hits.
> I've also failed to boot 690. I can't find out what is the problem yet.
> So I used ftp.netbsd.org 20040304 hpcsh snapshot to test new hpcboot(SH3).

I added this code to the very beginning of "start" in locore.S

        mov.l   _L.pkdr, r0
        mov     #0, r1
        mov.b   r1, @r0
        mov.l   _L.delay, r2
1:      dt      r2
        bf      1b
[...]
        .align 2
_L.pkdr:        .long   0xa4000132
_L.delay:       .long   0x10000000

It turns the LED on the front of the Jornada (near the mic and front
panel buttons) green.

2.0 kernel boots ok (after turning the LED on and waiting for a few
seconds).

current kernel doesn't turn the LED on at all.  So the problem is with
the 2nd loader code (unlikely) or page tags we pass to it.

It's not caused by your changes as both my own hpcboot.exe (w/out
them) and kloader fail as well.

SY, Uwe
--
uwe%ptc.spbu.ru@localhost                         |       Zu Grunde kommen