Manual pages for hpc device drivers?

There seems to be no documentation at all for shared hpc drivers, like
hpcio &c.  And the source code is completely uncommented either.  It
would be extremely helpful if driver authors or people familiar with
the code put together some documentation on those.

I'm looking to add more hardware support for Jornada 680/690 and it
seems like all the infrastructure is already provided by these drivers
but I'd rather have at least some docs on how to use it.

In particular, pin function controller in SH7709 multiplexes some pins
into one gpio bit (controllable via another register) and in Jornada
680 it is necessary to use some of gpio bits for both input (one
function) and output (another function), so drivers need to flip the
control bit back and forth to access the pin they need via single
shared location.  Does hpcio* provides support for this (from a brief
look i don't think it does)?

Thanks in advance.

SY, Uwe
--