Re: Ericsson mc16 aka hp 320lx - linuxsh and netbsd hpsh

Henrik I sent you the incorrect link. I did see some page detailing a full
description someone made of getting mc16 to boot netbsd and put most of
the core netBSD system on a 256 MB flash card.

However this is the CORRECT link for the project to port GNU/Linux to
devices running the Hitachi SH3 Processor (including the Ericsson MC16) :

        http://linuxsh.sourceforge.net/index.php3

This is the CORRECT link for the project to bring "the NetBSD operating
system to HITACHI Super-H family based Windows CE PDA machines. Currently,
the sh3 processor is supported."

        http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/hpcsh/

The Ericsson MC16 is pretty much the same as the HP 360LX according to :

        http://www.m17n.org/linux-sh/ml/linux-sh/2000-01/msg00026.html

Jukka M. Jalkanen says the following about the MC16 :

        "Here's what I know now:
        HD6417707R (SH3), 60MHz
        Display: 640x240, 16 grayscales
        10MB ROM
        8MB RAM

        Some labels on the components:
        REV 4 on the main board
        S41-1 on the processor
        S42-1
        EB4AL, LCX16244 "

Henrik I apologize in advance if you fail to find any of the links
interesting. I am just doing my best to help you get GNU/Linux or NetBSD
running on your MC16.

If you want to throw the MC16 in the bin , perhaps you could consider a
charitable act and donate it to somebody who lives in your country who is
voluntarily working to port GNU/Linux or NetBSD to the SH3 devices.

Take it easy.

Alan.