Installing NetBSD on HP Jornada 680 - newbie...

Dear list,

I want to use NetBSD on my Jornada 680, but since I'm new to the metier of mobile computing and unix-systems I have a couple of questions.
My desktop-computer is Celeron-533A using WinXP and WIN2k.

1. can a bad installation of NetBSD harm the Jornada 680?

(the following questions refer to the how-to at http://netbsd.triada.bg/Ports/hpcsh/howto-use.html)

2. how can I get my memory card (CF) DOS-formatted?
3. what happens to the win ce in the rom, since hpcboot.exe boots from the compact-flash-card?
4. is cross-building compulsory to get NetBSD installed and working on the Jornada 680?
5. if it is, is there any script than can handle all the compiling to get NetBSD ready?
6. what are thoes binary files?

I hope you can help me out a bit.

I've done some research on my own (browsing the mailing-list-archives, other boards and searching for how-tos), but I wanna be on the safe side, 'cos as a student you don't have enough money to replace your broken hardware ;-)

Thanks in advance!

Ciao,
Jason.