Re: status of port

On Sun, 8 Dec 2002, Vesa A Norrman wrote:

snip

> I'm curious, what can you do with an usb adaptor?
I was planning to partition and load the system onto the card
from my desktop that way.

snip

> For example tetris works fine but when the game is paused I get a
> segmentation fault. There is no installation program. Installation
> happens in miniroot.
What is miniroot?

> > 3) Is US keyboard supported?
>
> No. The international keymap seems to work but it lacks some very
> important keys. I would like to create US keymap but I don't know how to
> create keymaps.
I have an idea how to do this, but I'll need to learn the port
first... What important keys are lacking? / and | ???

> > 4) Can I do development on the Jornada?  (I run Slack on my
> > desktop.)
>
> Why do you think it's not possible?

I'm running Minix-SH on the the Jornada now.  It includes no
source code and no dev. tools except shells and AWK.  Not enough
to modify the keyboard driver.

> I have written some notes about the installation and you can
> take a look at
> http://www.hut.fi/~vnorrman/hpcsh/workout.html
> Unfortunaly, they require patching and building, and are not finished.
> Vesa

Thanks for the tips.  I'll take a look at this URL.

Bob