status of port

I've got a used Jornada 680, 32 MB, US model, and want to run
some kind of Unix on it.

I started off with Minix-SH but am frustrated by the lack of a US
keyboard driver and the absence of source or tools to fix it.

Before I invest in a 256MB CF card and USB adaptor, I would like
to know:

1) Generally, is the net-BSD port a working system or is it still
in the early stages?

2) Is anyone using it?  I'm not talking about hundreds of
people, but are there two or three of you I can turn to for help
when I really get stuck?

3) Is US keyboard supported?

4) Can I do development on the Jornada?  (I run Slack on my
desktop.)

5) Where can UP TO DATE install instructions be found?  Is there
a binary distro, or do I have to build it from source?

Thanks,

Bob Solomon