booting on novatelwireless-contact.

So I have an old NovatelWireless 'Contact' and thought I'd try
to boot NetBSD/hpcsh on it.

So I took a CF card, placed hpcboot.exe on it, and tried to
run it.

Immediately I get an error window that says;

        Application hpcboot.exe has performed an illegal operation
        and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact the
        program vendor.

        Program: hpcboot.exe
        Exception: 0xc0000005
        Address: 00000000

I presume that translates to "the particular sh3 that you have can
not run this code".

For clarification, this unit is actually manufactured by LG for
Novatelwireless.

Any guesses, anyone?