Port-hpcmips archive

Re: Workpad Z50 unable to detect/use Microdrive ?

> On Apr 26, 2015, at 9:29 PM, Larry Stotler <larrystotler%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> 5.  Why do my 6GB microdrives not work when they should?

I’ve had issues with micro drives on these embedded platforms not having
enough power to work right. Never used the model you are using, though,
so I don’t know if that’s what’s going south or not. While the spec says they
should work, the early hand held devices, like the one you have, were
notoriously underpowered, leading to many weird things when you tried
to put generic hardware in.

Don’t have my Z50 anymore, or I’d give a spin...

Warner