Port-hpcmips archive

Re: More Workpad Z50 questions

On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 12:18 AM, Andy Ruhl <acruhl%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> I think it needs to be an old version of msdos? Maybe if you just create the
> partition type 6, then put it in Windows CE and let it format it?

I set up a 500MB msdos partition and CE can't see it.  Cant see the
entire drive actually.  And I also can't get NetBSD to see if either.

I get the following:

card appears to have bogus CIS

Which appears to be a problem with spinning the drive up.  Now, from
what I can figure, I need the atadsk.sys driver to initialize and spin
up the drive in CE and then NetBSD will probably see it.  Kind of how
we used to have to load DOS on older PC's with ISA hardware to
initialize the cards and the loadlin.exe to bootstrap into linux.
Linux didn't have anyway to initialize the card, but could use it if
it was already up & running.