Port-hpcmips archive

Building on the z50

Hey all.

I use my z50 as a portable development machine.  It works great.
Awesome keyboard, excellent battery life, etc.

One thing though; the drive access times to the CF card are painful,
due to PIO access times.

Does anyone have any configuration suggestions wrt this?  I was
thinking that a 5 or 10 meg ramdisk would be great; have gcc put its
build files out there, or possibly have the source files copied out
there, then just refreshed back to the CF every so often. (whatever)

Anyone have suggestions on how to get a ramdisk/partition to be configured?

I tried to do it a few months back, with no good results.

-s

--
Scott Lawrence
yorgle%gmail.com@localhost