Port-hpcmips archive

Re: CF to SD adapters

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 6:55 AM, Scott Lawrence <yorgle%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
Have any of you tried out adapters like this:

http://www.amazon.com/PhotoFast-CR-7000-SDHC-Type-Adapter/dp/B0015EXX5E

I'm wondering if it would work to get one of these, and use it in my
z50; to get BSD to boot off of it.

Certainly would be much easier than using my CF card reader to move
files around (which is a 2.5" USB-IDE drive carrier with a 2.5"-CF
adapter in it. ugh)

It says it's CF type II so it should work, but I've never used one.

Seems like it would be cheaper and easier to get a cheapie USB CF card reader?

Andy