Port-hpcmips archive

Re: Mobile Pro 880 Successes with 4.0

--- On Tue, 2/17/09, Andy Ruhl <acruhl%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> I have 5.0 something on my Mobilepro 880 but I still have
> the nasty X
> problem where it becomes unresponsive, and
> ctrl-alt-backspace dumps me
> back to the console, which has a screwed up keyboard
> mapping so the
> thing becomes unusable. Maybe I should build a newer
> version of X.

I too have seen this, but only in conjunction with certain apps.  I see this
with xv for example.  If I ever right click to get the menu panel, everything
is dead after the panel displays.  It also does that when I give xv a list of
images and try to hot key to the next image in the list.  I've just leaned to
use xv to display one image and exit without doing anything else.

-S-