Port-hpcmips archive

Re: z50 for everyday life?

On 09/08 01:06 , Scott Lawrence wrote:
> It's great for uberportable simple programming or note taking or text editing.
> I *LOVE* the keyboard on it.

Therein lies the part I miss most about mine. IBM had the *BEST* keyboards
out there. The z50 had a keyboard that was better than any laptop I've felt
in years.

Even IBM laptops went to average-grade keyboards several years ago tho.
I'd love to find a modern equivalent to the z50... ultra-slim, fantastic
keyboard, low power requrements, but with hackable hardware and modern
processor and interfaces.

the z50 with the handle is a very cool idea.
http://www.umlautllama.com/gallery/hector?page=3

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator