Port-hpcmips archive

RAM disk

Is there a way to set up a RAM disk under hpcmips NetBSD?  Perhaps something like 1meg big (or auto expanding... either way)

I looked around and found some information about making an install image that sits in ram, but not really a live, usable, mountable partition after boot... or perhaps i'm on crack and not reading things through correctly.

On the z50, disk access to the CF card is pretty painful (PIO), and it'd be nice to have the source code and project directory i'm working on be in a RAM disk, perhaps like 1meg or so big, then just manually flush changes to the CF card manually...

I've been using BSD for about 17 years, but I'm only just now getting really into the details of maintaining and using my own machine.

-s

--
Scott Lawrence
yorgle%gmail.com@localhost