Port-hpcmips archive

z50 Additional Hardware

I realize that no one has yet found the control for the backlight on the z50 (or LCD disable bits, or the lcd control buttons).

Has there been any effort into finding them?   Where were current efforts left off?

Would it be possible to just start to poke values into every hardware address?  eventually it would change, i would think, then the hardware could be RE'd properly from there...

Or is it not on an address bus... perhaps I2C or SPI?

I've got just about enough knowledge into such things to be dangerous, but not quite enough to know exactly what i'm talking about. ;)

I'm getting at least 8 hours on a charge, and I'd love to be able to disable the backlight to extend that more (without cracking open the case again and cutting power to the backlight module)

-s

--
Scott Lawrence
yorgle%gmail.com@localhost