Subject: Re: NEC MobilePro 780
To: Takao Shinohara <shin@sm.sony.co.jp>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 05/19/2000 23:50:38
On 20-May-00 Takao Shinohara wrote:
> You can manually tweak settings with pbsdboot.exe, so you don't need new
> pbsboot.exe binary.

Thanks.. that ocurred to me.. but I wasn't sure how it chose the keymap.  Which
one of those is the keymap triggered off of?

In your mail you mentioned:
ID 04104300     00420204
What does that stand for?   Is there a doc somewhere that explains each of
those fields?  Personally I understnad all of them except the bottom two.. but
I can see how this would be extremely confusing for most users.

Anyhow.. the settings you suggested work like a charm.  Both the keyboard and
frambuffer work.  Someone please add this to pbsdboot.  ;)

Also.. just an opinion.. but the ... box in pbsdboot is really hard to see.  It
looks like a button that is overlapped by blank screen.. so it appears to be a
screen glitch.  It should be a bit larger, or say "CUSTOM" or something more
obvious.  I did see it, but I can imagine how people might overlook it.

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>