Subject: RE: Running NetBSD on a Compaq 2010c
To: Bernard Stephan <stephan.bernard@CLERMONT.cemagref.fr>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 12/08/1999 10:40:15
On 08-Dec-99 Bernard Stephan wrote:
> I saw my 2010c on the "supported machines" list, so I wanted to run netBSD
> on it.
> I transferred the files psdboot.exe & netbsd on my HPC, but nothing happends
> when I get the dialog "Loading...".
> In the "supported machines" list, Boot='N' for 2010c. What does it mean ?

I think boot=N means the last person to try it couldn't get it to boot.  When
that list was written, we had no processor support for the TX39xx cpu's.  I
believe someone has recently added that support, and there is a certain kernel
option needed to turn it on.  I'm not sure what version of the kernel you
downloaded, or attempted to boot (I assume you downloaded a kernel).

> Could you please give me an e-mail address of someone who could explain me
> how to make it run on the 2010c ? Or a web link ?

I've CC'd your mail to port-hpcmips..  You can email the list even though your
subscribe request hasn't gone through yet..

> I'm not a bad programmer, and maybee I could contribute, (the most difficult
> is to obtain technical informations from Compaq). Who could I contact for
> that ? (for contributing I mean)
>
> I'm trying to subscribe to the mailing list but I have no answer to the 2nd
> request, this is why I wrote directly to you. I hope you'll find two minutes
> to answer.

I've CC'd this to the list.. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will reply.
The people doing this port are quite friendly..  As for your subscribe
request.. I assume you sent an email to majordomo@netbsd.org to subscribe?

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>