Subject: IBM Microdrives
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 11/26/1999 09:43:05
Seeing as the new list is up...

I've been plotting to buy myself an HPCmips machine for awhile now.  Most
likely a NEC MobilePro 770 or 800.  But I want a truly mobile platform..  NFS
mounted root/usr won't cut it.   Has anyone tried an IBM Microdrive (340MB)?
What would that do to my power consumption?

Also.. If anyone has the 770 or the 800.. I'd appreciate hearing how usable the
machines are.  What I want is a mobile micro-laptop.  I want somehting that
isn't a burden to carry around (laptops are not portable IMHO), and isn't a
pain to use for extended periods of programming.

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>