Port-hpcarm archive

Re: NetBSD on iPAQ H3950?

Hello Robert,

On Thu, Dec 05, 2019 at 10:58:22PM +0000, Robert Swindells wrote:
> glove%grigri.org@localhost wrote:
> >Is the H3950 actually supported?
>
> No, it isn't supported.

Ah OK. That explains everything. ;-)

> I have built a H3900 kernel but didn't get it to work.

No serial output at all, or a crash further during the boot?

> Putting the H3900 option into hpcboot.exe was the first step in doing
> a port but you need a kernel as well.

Understood, makes sense.

> No, you can get a serial console on the 3600.
>
> The serial devices are at different addresses between the SA1110 chip
> in the H3600 and the PXA255 in a H3900 though.

(nitpicking: actually a PXA250 in the H39xx, from what I could gather)

Thank you for your quick and detailed answer.

I unfortunately don't have much time to work more on it at the moment,
but I'll keep an eye open in case things change. :)

Best regards,

-Christian