Port-hpcarm archive

Re: NetBSD on iPAQ H3950?

glove%grigri.org@localhost wrote:
>I recently got ahold of an iPAQ H3950, and after searching online, I saw
>that NetBSD might possibly support this device.
>
>I followed the INSTALL instructions, setup an SD card with the kernel
>and miniroot fs, and ran HPCBOOT with a terminal connected ot the serial
>port.
>
>According to the attached console log, it does load the kernel and
>rootfs, but nothing happens afterwards.
>The log has been produced using the files from NetBSD-9.1RC; I also
>tried 8.1 and the behavior is virtually identical.
>
>Is the H3950 actually supported?

No, it isn't supported.

You would need a different kernel to that for the H3600 as they use a
different CPU.

I have built a H3900 kernel but didn't get it to work.

>I realize that the installation instructions only mention the H3600, but
>in HPCBOOT it is possible to select H3900, so I thought there might be a
>chance... :)

Putting the H3900 option into hpcboot.exe was the first step in doing
a port but you need a kernel as well.

>The instructions also only mention the serial console for Jornada, so
>maybe that's why I don't get any display from the kernel?

No, you can get a serial console on the 3600.

The serial devices are at different addresses between the SA1110 chip
in the H3600 and the PXA255 in a H3900 though.