Port-hpcarm archive

Re: Questions about NetBSD on Jornada 720

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 10:44:29AM +0100, Alexander Frolkin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > The most annoying is that the system freezes when it tries to fsck the
> > > CF card
> > What version of NetBSD?
>
> 4.0.1.

Ah, I don't have any experience with 4.0.1, but as I said earlier, I thought
4.0 had issues on my 720 (though from a hazy memory).  I booted my 720 up
last night and it fsck'ed the CF several times (grr, loose power cable and
battery removed to make it easier to reboot after fsck fixed the root FS
the first time).  It's running an older post-4.0 current (4.99.69 built on
7/14/08) and has been up since last night without issues.  I'll give the 5.0
branch a try on it as soon as my slow sparc64 build box produces a toolchain
and kernel.

> > > I've tried compiling a kernel with the bt3c(4) driver with the patch from
> > >
> > >   http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-hpcarm/2006/07/14/0000.html
> > Again, this depends on the NetBSD version you're working with; the hpcarm
> > interrupt code has gotten a bit of a reworking lately.
>
> I see.  I'll have to think about moving to 5.0.  In 4.0.1, it doesn't
> even seem to get as far as loading the firmware.

Mind you I know nothing about the specifics of the bt3c(4) driver, I was
just commenting that hopefully patches like the above won't be necessary
with a newer tree -- I hadn't checked on the specifics though -- as the
interrupt code has gotten some whacking... I think hpcarm uses most of
the generic arm32 interrupt code now.

--rafal

--
  Time is an illusion; lunchtime, doubly so.     |/\/\|           Rafal Boni
                   -- Ford Prefect               |\/\/|