Subject: ctd: partial success booting a 712/60
To: None <port-hp700@netbsd.org>
From: Rudi Ludwig <rudihl@gmx.de>
List: port-hp700
Date: 10/04/2005 16:44:24
Hello all:

on continuation of:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-hp700/2005/09/24/0000.html

After setting up diskless as described in
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/netboot/

I got again to the point where a keyboard would come
handy. The kernel-generic.tgz from afore mentioned
source shows similar problem with the keyboard.

Looking closer at the boot-output I found the following

..
gsckbc0 at gsc0 hpa 0xf0108000 path 2/0/11 irq 26 ipl 6: keyboard
pckbd0 at gsckbc0 (kbd slot)
wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard
gsckbc1 at gsc0 hpa 0xf0108100 path 2/0/12: mouse
pckbport_cmd: send error

depending on the time I can spend on it and the feasibility I'd like to
compile a hppa kernel myself.

difficulties: cross-compile hp700-current on i386-2.0.2

I'll keep you updated, but don't hold your breath, it may take some
time.

rudi