Subject: Re: Installing NetBSD on a 735/125
To: Matt Fredette <fredette@theory.lcs.mit.edu>
From: Oliver Lehmann <lehmann@ans-netz.de>
List: port-hp700
Date: 11/25/2002 04:21:02
Matt Fredette wrote:

> Hi.  You need to get this small update:
>
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/fredette/hp700/hp700-update-20020905.tar.gz
>
> See http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-hp700/2002/09/05/0000.html
> for details.

thanks... now it boots...
Is it possible to install netbsd on a local hard drive? Or can i only boot
the system over nfs?
Actually I decompressed all snapshot .tgz's (base.tgz etc.tgz and so on)
and mounting these nfs "root" directory actually under /. I added an
etc/fstab file, and made the network_start and network_stop functions
doing nothing (otherwise the system stops due an "nfs send error 65").
what's the root password? *chrchr* I will replace it if i may ;)

[...]
Updating motd.
Starting inetd.
Starting cron.
Mon Nov 25 03:13:39 UTC 2002

NetBSD/hp700 (oel.salatschuessel.net) (console)

login: root
Password:
Login incorrect

But.. is it possible to make an installation on a harddrive?

  Greetings, Oliver
--
Oliver Lehmann, lehmann@ans-netz.de, http://www.pofo.de/
  http://wishlist.pofo.de/