Port-hp300 archive

Re: Curious about 382's frame buffer not working

> Going though the docs on getting one of my 382's loaded up with NetBSD
> and see that its internal frame buffer is not supported. I have a
> 98547 so no big issue there.
>
> Just curious what the issue is.

382 (and 362) on-board framebuffers are partially supported
(console text only, no X, no color palette):
 http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2011/02/12/msg018468.html
but documents are not updated properly. (sorry)

Note OpenBSD/hp300 supported them as sti, but NetBSD
(i.e. my implementation) doesn't use sti interface
and just treats them as dumb framebuffer.

> What would the best choice graphics board to look out for be ?

The Topcat (Catseye) and variants are known to work, as Michael says.

There is no report about other framebuffers (except sti on 425e
ported by me) for many years since they were switched to wscons:
 http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2011/02/06/msg018165.html

---
Izumi Tsutsui (a lazy port-hp300 maintainer)