Subject: Re: Toolchain build error
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/19/2003 21:52:30
In article <200302182207.45940.mlist@beholder.homeunix.net>
mlist@beholder.homeunix.net wrote:

> So, everyone else cross compiles also?

At least, I've tried self-build many times (for load test).

Current problems on sh3 toolchain are:
- zic(8) compiled with optimization does not work
  zic.c (even in src/tools/zic) needs to be compiled with -O0
  (it seems gcc bug around udivsi3() but there is no clue yet)
- sed(1) also requires -O0 (see usr.bin/sed/Makefile and doc/HACKS)
- cc -O2 might have many problem (and it isn't faster than -O1?)
- lack of libpthread (not toolchian issue)

But your problem has been fixed already:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-dreamcast/2003/01/25/0002.html
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-dreamcast/2003/01/26/0000.html

"Check archives before posting, please.."

> Does anyone report these compiler inconsistencies to the gnu compiler dev
> group?

I guess most problems have been fixed already in
(forthcoming) gcc-3.3, but there are a lot of changes
from 2.95.x so it isn't easy to pull up fixes into
our in-tree gcc. Of cource, you can report to them
by yourself, though.
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp