Subject: toolchain fails to build?
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 01/25/2003 21:01:46
I never remembered having this much trouble when I was
tracking release-1-5...

I had a failure when building the toolchain from
source that I just checked out this morning:

---
makedoc.o: In function `main':
makedoc.o(.text+0x268): undefined reference to
`_libintl_gettext'
makedoc.o: In function `fatal_file_error':
makedoc.o(.text+0x89c): undefined reference to
`_libintl_gettext'
*** Error code 1

Stop.
nbmake: stopped in
/usr/src/tools/texinfo/obj/build/info
*** Error code 1
---

Am I missing something here? I could be because the
"Tracking NetBSD Current" html page is slightly
confusing, as is the BUILDING file. I'm following this
page:
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/current/#updating

This isn't 100% correct though. The build.sh script
now takes "tools" as an argument. The exact command
that produced the above failure is this:
./build.sh -T /usr/tools tools

Any help would be appreciated.

Andy