Subject: Re: Restore CD 2.0-1 may still have issue for some install *** Feedbackplease ***
To: Alex Pelts <alexp@broadcom.com>
From: Andreas Schaefer <AndiSHFR@gmx.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 06/22/2005 01:59:59
Ok cobalt people.

Ta ta - here it is...

   http://raq2.s-zone.org/RestoreCD-image-20-20050621-234816.iso.gz

I created a netbsd cobalt restore cd based on the work of Alex Pelts
iso image at

   http://restorecd.homeunix.org/NetBSD/image-20-1.iso.gz.torrent

and with the hints found in

   http://restorecd.homeunix.org/NetBSD/restorecd-howto.html

(BTW. I expected to have a /usr/pkgsrc/sysutils/mkisofs but there
was none. So i took /usr/pkgsrc/sysutils/cdrtools-ossdvd - did it also.)

I replaced the contents of ${restorecd}/nfsroot/cobalt with the
release files of my cross compiled cobalt 2.0-CURRENT version
dated on May 14 2005.

The iso images is compressed with gzip and is about 25 Megs bigger
in size. I left the original /nfsroot/cobalt as
/nfsroot/cobalt-20050303 on the fs.

I tested the cd with my RaQ2 and it worked ok.

Here is the result of the restored RaQ2:

# uname -a
NetBSD  3.99.3 NetBSD 3.99.3 (GENERIC) #1: Sat May 14 13:25:21 CEST 2005

root@netbsd20.s-zone.org:/Data/NetBSD/cobalt/obj/sys/arch/cobalt/compile/GENERIC
cobalt
#

Any feedback is welcome.
I hope download traffic does not get to high...

Greetings
Andreas Schaefer