Port-bebox archive

Re: Successful install of a current NetBSD/bebox system

On Tue, 10 Jun 2014 15:20:45 +0100
David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost> wrote:

>  > > 6. mcclock(4) doesn't work correctly. The time after a cold-start is
> > >
> > > It could be oddly parsed. If NetBSD writes something back to the TOD
> > > does BeOS see it as gibberish?
> >
> > I have to replace the disk to start BeOS. Didn't have the time to do
> > that.
>
> Can you have two disks hooked up in it?

Yes. Even a third one, when I use an empty 5.25" bay.

Tested it now. The clock under BeOS seems ok. Frequently, when cold-starting
with NetBSD, I saw the date moving forwards by 5 days, while the time is
still correct.

> >  > > 9. Multiprocessor support. I compiled the GENERIC.MP kernel, but
> >  > > [...]

Works! The GENERIC.MP kernel is fine and the second CPU seems to be used.
Good job, Takashi Kiyohara!

> > open /dev/disk/scsi/000/0_0:netbsdtst: Input/ouput error
> >
> > That's better (I'm printing "DMA FIFO not empty" inside siop_clearfifo)
> > although there is still a problem.
>
> Maybe something need time to settle? (waving of hands at this point)

Found it! Only the 6-byte CDB, for starting an SCSI-Read command, worked.
Which means accessing blocks > 0x1fffff, needing a 10- or 16-byte CDB,
caused the errors I saw.

Fixed and committed. The SCSI boot loader is working perfectly now.

--
Frank Wille