Re: pushing netbsd-5 (Was: bootloader)

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009, David Ross wrote:

               netbsd-ATARITT.gz       -> netbsd-A.gz
               netbsd-BOOT.gz          -> netbsd-B.gz
               netbsd-BOOTX.gz         -> netbsd-B.gz (conflict!)
               netbsd-FALCON.gz        -> netbsd-F.gz
               netbsd-HADES.gz         -> netbsd-H.gz
               netbsd-MILAN-ISAIDE.gz  -> netbsd-M.gz
               netbsd-MILAN-PCIIDE.gz  -> netbsd-M.gz (conflict!)

I think it makes more sense to drop the "netbsd" part out of the filename. When I do an install, I take netbsd-ATARITT and just rename it to ATARITT.

        That would be nicer for atari in isolation, but every other
        NetBSD port names its kernels binary/kernel/netbsd-*.gz,
        and its always better to try to keep things consistent
        across ports where possible... :/