To: <dross%pobox.com@localhost>
Cc: <port-atari%NetBSD.org@localhost>; <tjamaloo%gmail.com@localhost>; <abs%NetBSD.org@localhost>; <tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost>
Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2009 4:07 PM
Subject: Re: bootloader issue

David Ross wrote:

4.0_STABLE kernel loads but after sysinst is read in from md2a, I get:
no file system for md2 (dev 0x120)
Cannot mount root, error = 79

Then back to the root device prompt.  Maybe I did something wrong, but I
can't think of what that would be.  If you can't immediately think of a
potential cause, I'll try again after I'm done with 5.

Hmm, I've checked sysinst.fs.gz in the snapshot and
I can moufnt it properly via vnd(4) on i386, so
sysinst.fs itself should be okay.

The patched 4.0_STABLE kernel might have another problem on
reading md_root, but could you confirm it by reading
a working 5.0_BETA sysinst.fs floppy on 4.0_BETA kernel?

It should work though it will fail by bad system call errors
after mountroot, as you reported in the past:
http://mail-index.NetBSD.org/port-atari/2009/01/01/msg000189.html
---
Izumi Tsutsui