Re: spamfiltering

Hi Ignatios,

I am running it on an Amiga with an 060, so 128 megs of ram. I did download the latest package source and I still get this error:

cc -O2 -m68060 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wl,-R/usr/local/lib -o dspam dspam.o read_config.o config_api.o daemon.o client.o agent_shared.o -pth
read  ./.libs/libdspam.a -L/usr/pkgsrc/mail/dspam/work/.buildlink/lib -lm
daemon.o: In function `daemon_listen':
daemon.c:(.text+0x1798): undefined reference to `pthread_attr_init'
daemon.c:(.text+0x17a6): undefined reference to `pthread_attr_setdetachstate'
daemon.c:(.text+0x1a1e): undefined reference to `pthread_create'
daemon.c:(.text+0x1b50): undefined reference to `pthread_attr_init'
daemon.c:(.text+0x1b5e): undefined reference to `pthread_attr_setdetachstate'
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/mail/dspam/work/dspam-3.8.0/src
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/mail/dspam/work/dspam-3.8.0/src
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/mail/dspam/work/dspam-3.8.0/src
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/mail/dspam/work/dspam-3.8.0
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/mail/dspam
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/mail/dspam

I am mainly using this computer for dns, email, and now I am running squid on it (it seems to be ok with squidguard too). Although, I find apache and some other things are too slow on it. I am wondering if it is worth while to put in a pr about this, if the server will just not be able to use it anyway. I guess it would be interesting to see if other 68k systems could compile it.

I used spamassassin and honestly I thought it was too slow on just about anything that I put it on. Right now I am using the postfix that is part of NetBSD 4. So, I put this in my config:

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
        reject_invalid_hostname,
        reject_non_fqdn_hostname,
        reject_non_fqdn_sender,
        reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
        reject_unknown_sender_domain,
        reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
        permit_mynetworks,
        reject_unauth_destination,
        check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/client_checks,
        reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net,
        reject_rbl_client blackholes.mail-abuse.org,
        reject_rbl_client relays.mail-abuse.org,
        reject_rbl_client cbl.abuseat.org,
        reject_rbl_client list.dsbl.org,
        reject_rbl_client t1.dnsbl.net.au,
        reject_rbl_client combined.njabl.org,
        reject_rhsbl_sender dsn.rfc-ignorant.org,
        reject_rhsbl_sender bogusmx.rfc-ignorant.org,
        reject_rhsbl_sender rhsbl.sorbs.net,
        reject_rhsbl_sender block.rhs.mailpolice.com,
        reject_rhsbl_sender porn.rhs.mailpolice.com,
        reject_rhsbl_sender adult.rhs.mailpolice.com,
        reject_rhsbl_client dsn.rfc-ignorant.org,
        reject_rhsbl_client bogusmx.rfc-ignorant.org,
        reject_rhsbl_client rhsbl.sorbs.net,
        permit

I have a large number of discards in /etc/postfix/header_checks and other things too, but it just isn't working. There has got to be a better way to block spam.

Best Regards,
Al