To: "David Ross" <dross%pobox.com@localhost>
Cc: "Izumi Tsutsui" <tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost>; "David Brownlee" <abs%netbsd.org@localhost>; <port-atari%netbsd.org@localhost>
Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2009 12:26 PM
Subject: Re: bootloader issue

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 3:17 AM, David Ross <dross%pobox.com@localhost> wrote:
With regard to loadbsd -- what's the full command line you're using?
According to docs Frank Lukas sent me, the -a option just loads to
multi-user mode.  I haven't tried it yet, but I assume you'll need to
somehow specify that the root filesystem should be loaded from the hard
drive.

The loadbsd method sounds like a good workaround, but it would be great if we can get to a point where it's possible to boot NetBSD directly off of the
HD.

I have kernels on my IDE disk and NetBSD installation on SCSI disk. For me
it's enough to load kernel with just -a flag (it founds root on sd0a).
If needed you should be able to use -b flag in addition to specify root device
on boot.

-Tuomo