Re: Problem with PHY offloc for Cadence ethernet

On Fri, 2024-03-22 at 07:31 -0300, Jared McNeill wrote:
> Hi Lloyd --
>
> I think the right thing to do here is to have the bus glue pass the
> PHY
> ID to cemac_attach_common. For Zynq you can get that information from
> the
> device tree -- see
> https://nxr.netbsd.org/xref/src/sys/arch/arm/sunxi/sunxi_emac.c#1342 ;
> for
> an example of how other drivers do this.

FYI I have created kern/58083 for this and attached a patch to it.

I had mentioned writing code/config in the AX7021B dts for the PHY
attachment, but I ended up customising the Zybo dts instead because
that's the defective hardware.

I will raise a separate PR for adding the AX7021B dts to the source
tree soon.

Cheers,
Lloyd