Re: booting Zynq 7000 ...

Kia ora,
I managed to get NetBSD 10.0_RC5 (the version I happened to have already built) booted on a Digilent Zybo. I did this by making a Frankenstein image and then using some advice from Brook Milligan about booting a BeagleBone Black.

I took an SD card with a NetBSD arm7.img.gz written to it and then I copied over boot.bin and u-boot.img from a FreeBSD image I had found into the MS-DOS partition.

At this point booting the SD card leaves me at the u-boot prompt because I haven't configured a uEnv.txt boot script. This suits me fine.

I can boot NetBSD with the following commands

	setenv bootargs "root=ld0a"
	fatload mmc 0:1 ${kernel_addr_r} netbsd-GENERIC.ub
	fatload mmc 0:1 ${fdt_addr_r} dtb/zynq-zybo.dtb
	bootm $kernel_addr_r - $fdt_addr_r

That DTB file (dtb/zynq-zybo.dtb) is one that NetBSD builds and puts into the image. The DTB file that came with the FreeBSD image didn't work for me (with NetBSD).

I've put all extra files I used at https://www.must-have-coffee.gen.nz/lloyd/zynq/. There is also a uEnv.txt file there that will automatically boot when you are ready for that.

Ngā mihi,
Lloyd