Re: Pi zero W and bluetooth?

andrew.cagney%gmail.com@localhost (Andrew Cagney) writes:

>  https://wiki.netbsd.org/ports/evbarm/raspberry_pi/
>digging around it seems that the zero-w has the same bluetooth h/w as
>the Pi3 so could work.  However I don't see anything in dmesg
>suggesting it does.

>The only things I've noticed are that BT hangs off the end of some
>sort of serial (i2c?) and the .dts seems to be old?

BT is connected to an UART (not i2c). The DTB needs to configure
this (and you want to configure the full UART for it and use the
mini UART for the console).

In /etc/bluetooth/btattach.conf you configure the device and
the device will be attached.

There are problems with that device and bluetooth in general.
If you want to experiment, it helps to use btattach from
-current so that you can at least retry without reboot.