Re: RPI4 install trip report

Harold Gutch <logix%foobar.franken.de@localhost> writes:

> On Sat, Feb 03, 2024 at 09:14:03PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
>>   added a creds.txt to the msdos one
>> [...]
>> I tried to ssh, but despite the creds file and having the pubkey, I get
>> asked for a pw.
>
> The creds_msdos "sshkey" is broken in netbsd-10 right now, it needs
> https://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2024/01/29/msg149672.html
> pulled up (has been already requested by mrg@ so I expect that to make
> it into the 10.0 release).

Thanks.  The pullup just happened, and in the meantime I mounted the ffs
partition to handle it manually.  The account was created but had empty
authorized_keys.

After fixing that (not hard at all given my install-host is netbsd),
it's working as it should.

> I think the other methods should all work (perhaps except for
> sshkeyfile if the key file has a space in its name).

By code reading, the do_sshkey function lacks the guard to avoid
adding a key that's already there.

I would lean to removing the creds file on success in all cases, as this
feels like a "do once" scheme.  But that's a nit.