Re: Device tree overlays

Kia ora Jason,

On Wed, 2024-01-10 at 09:42 -0800, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> If you have documentation on the hardware, I would encourage writing
> the overlays from scratch, using the conventions documented in the
> FDT bindings.  That’s what I do.

I was helping Brook with this and I am aware that I cannot write
overlays from scratch. The lack of documentation on how to do this is
main problem, compounded by the fact that the multiple alternate
syntaxes makes my head spin.

Searching the web for some of the syntax I saw in your source code lead
me to a pretty useful web page, so I'm slightly less confused now than
I was first thing today. I'm still expecting to need to decompile a few
examples to see how the variant syntaxes translate to one another
though.

We really could do with a substantive tutorial on the NetBSD wiki. I've
added it to my todo list. At the bottom.

Ngā mihi,
Lloyd