Re: comments on installation instructions

On Wed, 2024-01-03 at 11:19 +1100, matthew green wrote:
> Valery Ushakov writes:
> > ... E.g. we can probably draw some inspiration from Alpine
> > Linux tiny-cloud
> >
> >   https://gitlab.alpinelinux.org/alpine/cloud/tiny-cloud
> >
> > which is obviously alpine specific, but is indeed tiny and is
> > mostly
> > in shell (used to be all shell, iirc, but has grown a small C
> > program
> > to get values from yaml).
>
> interesting.  this sort of system would also replace the
> resize_root stuff we have, at least, giving a common
> framework for it all..
>
> might be worth someone looking at? :)

It certainly sounds interesting. I have been looking into scripting
access to the AWS Instance Meta Data Service and I can get a lot done,
but our inability to parse YAML is a problem. I have noticed that while
we do include Lua in our base system, we don't have a YAML or HTTP
library.

Cheers,
Lloyd