Re: IPv6 temporary addresses RFC 3041

joelp%sdf.org@localhost writes:

>Hello -- does anyone know the reason or history why aarch64 doesn't have
>net.inet6.ip6.use_tempaddr in sysctl to enable temporary IPv6 addresses?

>At least on my Rock64 and RockPro64 I don't see it. On my AMD64 device,
>it's there.

That code was removed from the kernel. You now need to tell dhcpcd
to configure temporary addresses.

revision 1.216
date: 2020-06-12 13:04:45 +0200;  author: roy;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -92;  commitid: OaWPbwiyPUMQnVbC;
Remove in-kernel handling of Router Advertisements

This is much better handled by a user-land tool.
Proposed on tech-net here:
https://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-net/2020/04/22/msg007766.html

Note that the ioctl SIOCGIFINFO_IN6 no longer sets flags. That now
needs to be done using the pre-existing SIOCSIFINFO_FLAGS ioctl.

Compat is fully provided where it makes sense, but trying to turn on
RA handling will obviously throw an error as it no longer exists.

Note that if you use IPv6 temporary addresses, this now needs to be
turned on in dhcpcd.conf(5) rather than in sysctl.conf(5).