Re: aes: self-test failed

> Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2023 08:37:52 +0900 (JST)
> From: Mori Hiroki <yamori813%yahoo.co.jp@localhost>
>
> > From: "Taylor R Campbell" <campbell+netbsd-port-arm%mumble.net@localhost>
> > To: "や もり" <yamori813%yahoo.co.jp@localhost>
> > Cc: "port-arm%NetBSD.org@localhost" <port-arm%NetBSD.org@localhost>
> > Date: 2023/03/19 日 01:38
> > Subject: Re: aes: self-test failed
> >
> > You say `sometime at boot' -- do you mean that this doesn't happen
> > every time?  Does it sometimes boot up correctly?  Can you run the atf
> > tests for this code when it does boot up correctly?
> >
> > cd /usr/tests/sys/crypto/aes
> > atf-run | atf-report
>
> My install image don't have that directory.
> I don't familiar NetBSD. sorry.

This is from the tests.tgz (or tests.tar.xz) set, selected when
installing NetBSD.  You can also just extract it later from the same
installation medium you used, either with sysinst, or by just running:

progress -zf /path/to/tests.tgz tar -C / -xpf -

> > Can you run any kind of memory test on this machine?
> >

> My kernel conf have no crypto and swcrypto then

If you mean `pseudo-device crypto' and `pseudo-device swcrypto', these
aren't directly relevant to the AES self-test.

It looks like there is some random chance here, possibly affected by
the different layout of kernel memory -- that's why I suspect a
hardware failure, or possibly corruption or registers by a bug in the
interrupt restore logic.