Pinebook impossible temperatures

Hi,

My Pinebook (not Pro) has some interesting ideas about temperatures:

                              Current CritMax WarnMax WarnMin CritMin Unit
[axppmic0]
               ACIN present:     TRUE
               VBUS present:    FALSE
            battery present:     TRUE
                   charging:     TRUE
               charge state:   NORMAL
            battery voltage:    4.005                                    V
     battery charge current:    0.344                                    A
  battery discharge current:      N/A
            battery percent:       83                                 none
   battery maximum capacity:    9.688                                   Ah
   battery current capacity:    8.350                                   Ah
[sunxithermal0]
            CPU temperature:  253.000                                 degC
          GPU temperature 1:  253.000                                 degC
          GPU temperature 2:  253.000                                 degC

Nothing on my laptop FEELS like it's hot enough to melt tin, so I'm guessing sunxithermal0 isn't quite right ;)

The raw values for CPU, GPU 1 and GPU 2 are all 526150000, so I take it no values are actually being read.

Any ideas about where to look?

Thanks,
John