Re: daily crashes with big-endian Raspberry Pi

On 9/12/22 11:33, Christian Groessler wrote:
Hmm. Do other people don't see this problem? Over here that's a stock RPi 3+ without any special hardware connected. One won't notice the problem, maybe, because it happens mostly in the night and the device is again there, rebooted, afterwards. Look at your "uptime".

I have a RPI3 of some kind (hw.model = raspberrypi,3-model-b) running an RPI2 NetBSD 9.99.106 kernel from late November.

The board is running fine. I attempted a build of Rust which ran for many days before finally running out of memory. I am currently using this board to manage and monitor the temperature of my beer fermenter, which has been running just fine for days now.

You said you don't have a memory stick installed, but what do you have installed? Run "drvctl -lt". On my RPI the USB related part of the output from drvctl looks like:

      dwctwo0
        usb0
          uhub0
            uhub1
              usmsc0
                smscphy0
              umass0
                scsibus0
                  sd0

You can see that I do have a memory stick installed (used as ad-hoc swap for the failed Rust build) as well as the built-in Ethernet port.

Maybe a serial console will work for you after the system panics?

Cheers,
Lloyd